Monday, July 16, 2007

Things to Do

Oh, this was an eventful day!

First, the girls and I dashed to swim practice leaving David and Will at home to hold down the fort - otherwise known as please clean the pool before the preschool pool party and don't lose Will in the meantime. Practice went well and we dashed to the grocery store before heading back home to find the pool being cleaned by the most gorgeous pool boy...man...husband of mine!!! Will was playing happily in the sandbox while David meticulously vacuumed each and every piece of gunk out of the pool! He's such a good gunk-getter!

All was well outside!

We carried all the groceries in and started some packing for our beach trip. In doing so we discovered that the girls' carpet was soaked through - squishy, ick, ugh!!! Geez. Not a good day for that! Pool party, me leaving town, beach trip coming up, David on vacation and traveling after that....did I say it wasn't a good day for that! The upside - it didn't stay wet for all of our vacation and we didn't come home to a musty, smelly house!!

Poor David! I had to leave him with all that and the preschoolers coming to swim! Oh, and I totally forgot that David had to get the girls to their swim meet, too! He gets points don't you think?!

I joined my friend Tara for the trip up to Washington DC for the Women of Faith conference. This is an amazing group of women, ranging from comediennes to dramatists, to singers, to inspirational speakers. I had always wanted to go and could never really make it work, then this year I was lucky enough to be able to take the spot of a woman who couldn't go after all!

So, feeling guilty I left all of that commotion at home and headed off to a wonderful weekend away with the girls! Bye!

Tara and I arrived in DC just in time to meet up with the other women in our group. We all unpacked and walked to dinner. The food was fabulous...spinach ravioli and fettuccine with lobster, shrimp and scallops were favorite. And dessert, totally wonderful and too good for words! The evening ended late, but not before we got in a good game of Scrabble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home