Thursday, August 16, 2007

Relief

Playing the pool feels particularly good these days. The temperature outside has been in the 90s and the temperature inside seems even hotter! Our HVAC system in dead...finis...kaput. It turns out that it's probably original to the house - that's 27 years folks!

We've had generous offers from friends to have us stay at their homes. I think, as long as we have power we'll be fine. Thank goodness for box fans and ice water!

This heat reminds me fondly of summers growing up in Baltimore. We didn't have central air - I don't think anyone did back then! The only air conditioner in our home was a window unit in my dad's study! My brother and I had adjoining rooms and in the summertime his window fan would blow in and mine would pull the air out. The breeze that those fans created made for a very comfortable night of sleep.

We've gathered 2 of 5 estimates so maybe we'll have a good idea of what we're doing by mid-next week! Always an adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home