Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hi Ho. Hi Ho.

Years ago I worked at home, so when I went on vacation every August I'd drag my work with me. I'd work several hours each day and still manage to get to the beach and have fun with my then babies and toddlers, and then work late at night.

Fourteen years later, I'm working at home again and find myself once more on vacation with work to do. This time though it's killing me.

It's Wednesday morning and I'm forgoing my run to get two hours in before the kids are up. The chapter still won't be done and I'll be faced for the third day in a row with the tough choice of staying in to try to get it done or to go out on the beach with my kids. I have yet to don a suit and enjoy the surf. So far my kids don't seem to have noticed. But I have. I'm feeling a bit guilty and I'm still not getting this chapter done. Grr. The worst of both worlds!

Of course, I am at the beach and I am with my family so it's not all bad!

2 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Oh no! I hope you manage to squeeze in some fun!

What kind of work do you do?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Put on your suit and get to the beach!!! The chapter will be there another day, but the beach and the time with your kids might not!! Love you!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home