Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fire!


Today at work the fire alarm sounded. We all waited for the inevitable, familiar voice to come on and tell us to ignore the alarm. The voice never came. We all fled the building to find that there really was a fire -- in one of the grates next to the building. Apparently someone had dropped a cigarette into the grate, which caught some paper on fire. There must have been plastic in there, too, because the odor was awful. We weren't allowed back into the building for over an hour after the firefighters put the fire out.

Two firetrucks and three other fire vehicles later, the fire was out, the building was cleared and we were able to go back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home