Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Project 365: April 11

This is the dog I want.

She (check out the pink collar) would quietly rest in the grass, totally undistracted by the chaos (see the colorful eggs) surrounding her.

She would come when she was called and be docile. She would nuzzle up to one of us, any of us, to let us know when she wanted something, ...or needed to do something.

She would never, and this is key, never pee on my clean kitchen floor, or run from me (with leash in hand no less!) only to stop and poop right by the front door.

She would know when I'd had enough and would beg, with front paws up, to live with another family who appreciates her quirkiness...but then again, the dog I want wouldn't push me that far.

All this being said and read by who knows who, I really don't want to give Gracie away - I just don't think it's quite right to keep her. It doesn't seem fair that she should have to live with me, or us, and our chaotic lifestyle. We're never home...and that's not going to change. She can't be trusted to stay loose in the house...and there doesn't appear to be any hope of that changing. She's too loud to leave outside for any length of time...she's a beagle. 'Nuff said. So sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home