Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Where Do Cookies Come From?

Have you ever wondered how your Girl Scout cookies get to you?

Say you ordered a box of Caramel DeLites, Peanut Butter Patties, Shortbread, Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Cinna-Spins, Lemonades or Thanks-A-Lots.

Around here we get our cookies from ABC Bakery. The truck leaves the warehouse early in the morning, arriving at our local FedEx facility just in time to wait for at least an hour while the FedEx trucks get unloaded and loaded and pull out to start their deliveries.

Once the FedEx trucks are gone, the cookies move in, along with any willing and able Girl Scout leaders.

First, the pallets are unloaded and the cases are counted. Once counted, the cases are moved to the bays according to the number of cases ordered by each troop. There they are counted again. Once all of the the cases have been unloaded, deposited into a bay, and counted again, the leaders can load them into their own vehicles.

Here's my troop's pitiful pile of cookie cases. It's actually not that bad considering we only have 7 girls selling cookies this year.

In fact, it's a very manageable amount.

I know I couldn't have fit a whole lot more into my van, and I'm not sure where I would have put any more once I got them inside my house.

Now that we have the cookies sorted into piles for each girl in our troop, we're all having trouble wandering through the living room without succombing to sudden urges to grab a box of Thin Mints!

So, from the Bakery, to the FedEx facility, to the leader's home, to your cute little scout's home, to you.

Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Lemonades,Cinna-spins and Thanks-a-lots? What the?! I've never heard of those! Maybe I'm better off not knowing about them!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home