Saturday, March 22, 2008

Run for Life 2008

I can't remember how many times we've run this race, but it has become somewhat of a tradition for the girls to join me for this one race. We all ran it together last year, with Morgan going all out, Katherine running with me and Caroline walking with Valorie.

This year Morgan ran all out again, coming in at 26 minutes and 3rd in her age division. That's her behind the runner in the hat.

Caroline took some nudging but ended up running by herself for the second half and finished in just under 36 minutes.

Katherine, her friend Marnie and I ran and walked with our goal being to beat the "dude in the dress" and his friends. Once we were sure to beat them (by a looong way!), I suggested that they try to beat the woman in the pink shirt, which they did. Little did I know she was cancer survivor - boy did I feel bad.

Oh well, these little girls finished their race in just over 40 minutes!

With Starbucks and Panera at the end everyone was a winner!

Valorie and Cassandra joined us again this year!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent job, ladies! I'm impressed and proud! -Tara

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock!

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great day with a bunch of wonderful friends! - Valorie

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home