Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring 2008 Mystery Quilt - Finally Finished!


The darker fabric is the fabric I fell in love with last Spring when I was fabric hunting for this mystery quilt. The front fabrics go with it really well. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to do another mystery quilt though. It was very scary cutting this fabric without knowing how it would all go together in the end! It didn't help that the first ten hours were spent piecing my two least favorite fabrics (the lightest fabric and the green which became the pinwheel blocks!)! I do love the way this quilt turned out but I just don't think I can go through that again!!

Another scare - I ran out of the smaller print brown and green floral fabric that I had decided to use for the binding. I checked everywhere online and as a last resort checked our local quilt shop. They didn't have any more of the line on the bolts, except for the lighter bird fabric. I was able to find two half yard pieces of the exact brown and green that I needed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

It's beautiful! And we missed you and Will yesterday. Hope he's feeling better!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Jennifer!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

That is just lovely! Very nice! (I'm Rachel's sister, by the way - she sent me the link to take a look at this)

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Mr. Bob said...

Very nice quilt! Hope the boy is back in the saddle...we missed him this weekend. Our grandson, Christian, only collected blue Easter eggs during the "hunt"...a repeat of two years ago. Don't know about that boy???

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Valorie said...

Wow. That is one beautiful quilt!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Valorie said...

Wow. That is one beautiful quilt!

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home