Sunday, November 19, 2006

In 3s

If bad things happen in 3s then I hope the next broken heart is mine and mine alone.

One of the things for which we have been thankful is that our girls have always had friends who were kind to them. We've never, until now, had to deal with any kind of meanness.

Katherine came to me this evening with a very brave face and tried so hard to tell me about it without crying. She couldn't, of course, because her heart was so full of sadness that just had to come out. It turns out that one of her friends had said something mean to hurt Katherine's feelings.

These things are bound to happen, I know that. As a mom though, it hurts so much to see my littlest girl so sad.

I know it's not possible, but I sure do wish all the broken hearts could be mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home