Friday, August 17, 2007

Two Bands

After our eventful afternoon stuffing envelopes, we dropped Morgan off at cross country practice (which was followed by band) and went to get a haircut for Katherine. David met us and we went to dinner before heading downtown for Fridays After Five.

The band was Skip Castro - the last time I saw Skip Castro was 25 years ago, Easters, and I was visiting my friend Lisa who was a 1st year at UVA. Though I'm not generally very good at remembering music, I did recognize some of the songs. Caroline and Will got a little bit of dancing in before we had to leave.

After FAF we headed over to the HS to see the marching band exhibition. I was greeted by Morgan's hand slashing across her throat - the message was don't take any pictures. Lucky for her my current flash isn't strong enough to cross the parking lot! The marching band has been practicing every night for 2 weeks. The band presented 2 songs, as well as their featured twirler and flag corps. They all looked great! Katherine and Caroline were especially struck by the twirler's burning batons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home