Monday, November 05, 2007

Hair Today

There was no school today. I had such great plans. Grocery store and baking - that's it. It took almost 2 hours to get the kids ready to leave the house - what is it about no school days? No one moves fast at all!

I ended up dragging the kids to get haircuts and didn't make it to the grocery store until much later. I did it on a whim, but had been thinking about it for a long time. One child always goes willingly, one cried to be included, and two kicked and screamed and argued and absolutely refused. In the end all lost hair, and mine turned even more gray.

While there, I ran into an old study buddy from law school. I knew that she'd lived here long ago when we were first out of school, but I hadn't seen her since we graduated and had lost touch. She looked the same,and seeing her brought back such wonderful memories of Torts, Crim Law, Con Law, and especially Civil Procedure!

After reconnecting and finishing up the haircuts, we headed to Ben & Jerry's...because bribery is our way of life. Caroline needed a hot fudge sundae after her traumatic scissors event. While we were there we ran into an old friend of Caroline's from elementary school. They'll hook back up in high school in a few years.

After replacing my very favorite, but worn out shoes, we headed home for those few minutes before having to leave again for piano lessons...and the grocery store. Needed to go to the grocery store before I could do my baking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home