Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Post-Poker Baking

I promised to make cinnamon rolls for the bake sale at school today. Every Election Day there's a bake sale with lots of goodies that no one needs, but everyone buys anyway to support the school.

There's a lot of waiting involved when making these yummies. Things have to be cooked and cooled, and kneaded and left to rise, and then kneaded, filled, cut and left to rise again. Then comes baking and the glaze...and if you're really lucky, the tasting!

These cinnamon rolls are made from my Grandma's recipe. She would make them whenever the whim struck her (or whenever a grandchild was coming to visit!) and she never had to measure a thing. I remember making them with her when I was little and even have some great photos (no surprise) of Morgan making rolls with her!
We have several recipes for her rolls, and none of them are the same. Some call for different oven temperatures, and some call for different cooking times. Some even call for different ingredients.

I finally had to sit down and compare them all and experiment a little before I got to the right combination of ingredients, especially for the filling and glaze.
Half of the batch went to the bake sale. Another dozen went to neighbors, and the rest have just disappeared one by one. It's not hard to have these disappear when there are so may little mouths around the house!

I think I'll make some more.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Those look fabulous!

I wish I had a nice neighbor like you who brings treats!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home