Saturday, January 27, 2007

Project 365: Jan 27

M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E...

When I was five, my family drove from Seattle, Washington to Northbrook, Illinois. I don't remember much about the drive except that I got carsick... a lot, and my Grandma and Aunt Debbie had made goodie trays for my brother and me - one for each of us for each day of the trip. Wasn't that a great idea?! We thought so.

Anyway, in one of those trays I got a Mickey. I immediately became very attached to my Mickey, only putting him down when I had to... well you know. It turns out that visiting that service station in, was it Montana?, was a big mistake because I left my Mickey on the back of the toilet.

The worst part was that I didn't remember until we were hundreds of miles away. There was no way my Dad was going to turn around so I could get my Mickey. No way.

I never forgot my Mickey, and often wondered if some other little girl driving across the country in a smelly sedan had picked him up and taken him home with her.

When I was 30, my mother gave me this Mickey. Wasn't that a nice thing to do?! I don't take him to the toilet with me. In fact, he never leaves his shelf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home