Saturday, April 07, 2007

Project 365: April 6

Finally.

For the first time in m...o...n...t...h...s, I sat down yesterday with my beading supplies and created something new - 2 new pairs of earrings (ooh! aah!) - and then I dug into the pile of jewelry that people have asked me to lengthen, or shorten, or repair, or whatever.

It felt pretty good to work on those pieces...not that I'm completely finished with my to-dos yet. I'd like to be working now, but the table's covered with Katherine's current school project - a biome project depicting the habitat of a toucan. But wait, it's still Spring Break isn't it?! Oh yes, but this project is due on Wednesday and there is no way that she's waiting until the day before to finish it. She wrote the paper portion several days ago, planned the diorama the next day, and today, after shopping for the appropriate supplies, she started putting the diorama together. I'm hoping she'll have most of it done before she hits the pillow tonight! Look for a picture in the next day or two - it's looking pretty good to me!!

Back to beading, Morgan made a necklace to match her Easter dress, which was still up in the attic*. When David brought the dress down, the necklace matched perfectly! She'll be so pretty...and cold. She'll wear her new strappy white sandals and her short(!) pink & orange sleeveless dress even if we're in the middle of a blizzard! How do you think that outfit will look covered by her silver down parka?

*Gasp!!! No new Easter outfits for us this year. So sad. Morgan decided months ago that she wanted to wear her pink/orange dress, and that everyone else would coordinate their outfits with hers. When I went through all the boxes last night looking for dresses that would meet everyone's expectations I knew I'd find something for K (being the 3rd girl, she has oodles to choose from) but I trembled with fear that Caroline would have grown so much that nothing would fit, and that I'd have to go shopping today. That was SO not in my plans. Luckily, we found a pink dress that fits. Of course, as David said, she'd be happy wearing a turtleneck and jeans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home