Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Project 365: May 28

My very first memory after moving to Baltimore from Northbrook, Illinois almost 37 years ago (!) is having my very first root beer float. It was on a hot and Baltimore humid summer evening. I think we had eaten dinner at the house of one of Dad's colleagues. Not sure about dinner, but I am so sure about the root beer floats! I remember exactly where I sat on their front steps and how the root beer tickled my nose!

Fast forward to this day - we all love root beer floats, except Caroline (can you say different drummer?!) who wanted a grape float.

We wondered if orange crush floats would be good. We'll try that next, but I'm not sure there's anything better than root beer cascading over the ice cream creating little ice crystals and slushy foamy ice creamy root beer! Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home