Monday, June 11, 2007

Are My Friends Here Yet?

Are my friends here yet? That was the question of the day.

Every hour from 9 until 4, Will asked some variation of that question. Finally at 3, when I was up to my elbows in food preparation, I told him he needed to go to his room. He said "Okay," went to his room and rested on his bed with the lights off. Thankful for a moment of peace, I couldn't help but worry that he'd fall asleep and miss the first birthday party that he'll remember! I needn't have worried at all as he was back in the kitchen not 5 minutes later!

At 4, his friend Carter showed up with his parents in tow. Just a few minutes later, his other friend Gabe arrived, with his family in tow. With everyone accounted for, except David who needed a shower after playing pool boy and handy man/gardener all day, we made introductions and chatted. Upon David's arrival we sent the dads and kids out into the woods to play on the zipline and to go on a hike. After that they all swam and played in the tent. We ate dinner and then enjoyed cake & ice cream. I nearly forgot about the presents that were waiting in the living room, but we did manage to get to that before the little boys started falling asleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home