Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Might Break A Bone

There's a part of me that's very aware that the boy might turn into a bit of a wuss since he has three older sisters and is pretty much doted on and coddled by them when they're around. I mean, really, it would be pretty easy to get in the habit of crying at the drop of a hat when you have so many sisters willing to make it better!

Of course then there's also the Patti** in me that is prone to thinking, if not saying, things like, be careful, you might fall and break your leg...and as my mother used to say, jokingly but with all due respect to her own mother,...and then it might heal crooked and you'll walk with a limp, and no one will want to marry you.So these were the things running through my mind today when Gabe tied the wagon to the back of Will's big wheel and proceeded to tell Will to get in. Get in Will. He must have said it several times, and it was clear from my perch that Will was not sure about the safety of the contraption. But Gabe said do it, so he did.*

Will got in and Gabe peddled the big wheel down the hill, and the wagon toppled over, just as my grandmother, and her mother before her, would have predicted. There was silence while Will got up, out from under the wagon. I waited to hear a cry, but Kathleen yelled, Wow! That was fun!, and he got up all smiles.


Not even a wuss second! His daddy would have been so proud!







**Patti was my Grandmother, whose real name wasn't Patti at all!

*We do have to have that cliff talk though...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe this weekend we can build a ramp to jump off!

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home