Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Truth Works

These people put on a musical at church tonight. The two biggest kids in the front were the coach and his assistant, George. The choir is made up of children in Kindergarten through 5th grade. At our church that's under 20 kids. You'll notice only 11 children in the cast. Who knows why not everyone joins the choir. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they meet at 9 on Sunday mornings!

Anyway, they performed Truth Works. I won't get into the whole thing, but I will say that they did a great job with their lines and their songs. They sang nine songs! I was surprised at how loud they were with so few voices!

Katherine played the good girl. Imagine. The one in the middle is Emily. She got a big kick out of playing the sassy girl!

Caroline and Mattie sang a duet. I didn't know it until the musical started and I finally had a chance to look at the program. There it was in black and white: duet. Geez. When I asked her about she looked at me like I had three heads. I should have known by osmosis.

These four are the only ones moving up to the Youth Department in September. There will be 7 rambunctious little boys starting kindergarten in the fall so the choir will look a lot different next year - 10 boys and 2 girls. I wonder what musical will work for that group!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home