Monday, April 16, 2007

Saturday Morning Walk/Run

A habit may be forming. Luckily it's a good one!

At 7 on Saturday morning, I found myself, in the company of my good friend Valorie, standing in the cold drizzling rain, waiting for the start of yet another 5K. This was the VIA 5K benefiting the Virginia Institute of Autism. Despite the wet & cold, the race was a good one. We moved fairly quickly from the school through the park and adjoining neighborhoods, and back to the school. My plan had been to walk the entire course, but I couldn't help myself. I had to run. I wonder where Katherine gets it!

It didn't hurt that there were several local high school girls lacrosse teams competing in the race, too. Watching those teams run together brought back wonderful memories of my own h.s. team sport experiences. It'd be even better if watching them had brought back the ability to run like I did in those days! I did end up finishing ahead of one entire team, but I don't think they were trying very hard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never would have dreamed that I would have been up and at 'em at that time on a Saturday morning, and a cold drizzling morning to boot. Sure was fun! Thanks for inspiring me! V

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home