Friday, September 14, 2007

Before and After

Psych!

There is no before picture. There was one several days ago, but I deleted it so I couldn't decide to post it later!

It all started when I sent my friend Julie a cute little book about being a new teacher. She is just starting to teach this year, and I couldn't resist sending that book. Anyway, she sent me a lovely thank you note, in which she wrote something about how my house must be so organized and that must be why I rock.

Well, once I picked myself up off the floor and wiped the tears from my cheeks, I started taking pictures of my supposedly organized house. There were pictures of every single horizontal surface covered with stuff. There was stuff on the counters, on the floors, on the furniture, stuff just everywhere. Who knows where all that stuff came from - some of it had probably been there since we moved in.

So I took the pictures, and I sent them to her. That's how much I love her. I won't let just anyone into my messy house. I mean there are certain people I have to let in - my husband*, my kids, Kathleen and her kids, a couple of Lauras, but that's about it.

I sent her the picture with a message letting her know that gomomyourock is an aspiration and affirmation - not who I am, but who I strive to be. So if there are any more of you out there that think I might actually have it all together, think again!

* speaking of - he's on his way home right now after being gone all week! UPDATE: he's home!!

Just another note: Do you see the thin white board next to the doorway? When we moved from our old house I had to transfer all of the kids' measurements and decided I didn't want to have to do that again. So I had David paint some wood white and we measure the kids on that wood. If we ever move from this house we'll be able to take it with us!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...I'm picking myself up off the floor! Wow! Are your trashcans full?? You better now have just moved it somewhere else!
a "laura"

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home