Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Project 365: September 12

For weeks now my kids, especially Morgan, have been talking about seeing an albino deer while driving. I'd never seen it, except on Morgan's camera phone, which to me looked like a splash of white on a background of green. I don't know if it's my eyes or the phone but I'm thinking it's the former!

Anyway, as we were leaving home this afternoon to pick Caroline up from school, there it was! It was just standing there by the side of the road totally oblivious to all the late afternoon traffic zooming by! I stopped the van, put my hazards on, and got out to take pictures.

She nearly caused an accident. Or maybe it was me. Had I not been there maybe the guy wouldn't have slowed his car down so he could see what I was taking a picture of, and then maybe the driver behind him wouldn't have gotten too close.

No accident, but close. The deer took that opportunity to climb back up the hill, which enabled me to stop taking pictures and fetch my daughter on time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh COOL! Scott and Audrey told me about seeing her but I've never caught a glimpse. I'm so glad you got a picture!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home